Spray and flood cleaning perfectly combined.
The MAFAC PALMA offers ideal features for process-safe cleaning of sensitive parts with complex shapes. During the wet phase, the operations spray and flood cleaning can be individually combined. Thus high-end cleaning results are achieved. A special quick-flood system allows for full flooding of the cleaning chamber within only 30 seconds.
Optional: Ultrasonic unit for ultrafine cleaning
For applications with very high cleanliness demands, e.g. in the watch-making industry, medical technology and in precision engineering, the system can be equipped with an optional ultrasonic unit. The power layout of the ultrasonic process is perfectly aligned to customer-specific requirements by vernier adjustment. If needed, the PALMA can be equipped with a third tank, e.g. for the integration of an additional rinsing bath within the process.
Energy efficient: Rotating hot air flow drying system
Based on the patented basket-spray frame-rotation, MAFAC has invented a special hot air flow drying system which operates within the rotating system. It is especially designed for high-quality full body drying of complex-shaped parts, in particular for parts with recessed areas, e.g. narrow bevels and undercuts. As a result, process times are reduced while efficiency is increased significantly, due to the enhanced drying performance.
Benefits for the user
- Patented rotating multi-side spray system with counter-rotating basket pickup system (can be switched off). With specifically arranged nozzles for reliable cleaning results.
- Two or three large-capacity tanks for long life of the process water.
Cascade design of tanks for extended life of media.
- Reduced energy consumption thanks to insulated tanks.
Separate heating of tanks.
- Removable swarf filter trays for collecting coarse dirt particles in the return flow from the cleaning/rinsing process.
- Coalescing oil separation system with integrated surface suction device in tank 1 and
high-level monitoring of the oil collection tank.
- Floodable cleaning chamber (100 % of batch height).
- Steam extraction with mist collector, return of condensation and condensate.
- Vertical sliding door and loading table with drain valve for residual water as a versatile conveyor and load/unload platform. After the end of the cleaning process, automatic opening of the sliding door is possible.
- Easy-to-use MAFAC MAVIATIC touch panel.
- Ultrasonic cleaning system incl. parabolic reflector for optimum efficiency of the ultrasonic waves.
- Ultra-fine filtration on pressure side of the pump for removing small dirt particles before cleaning/rinsing.
- Innovative machine design for quick maintenance and easy servicing
- Front loading with automatically unlocking sliding door
- EURO standard baskets can be used (600 x 400 x 288 mm)
- Swarf filtration in return flow
- Bath heating system with analogue temperature control and cut-off
- Thermal insulation of tanks
- Steam extraction with condensation and mist separator
- Coalescing oil separator with high-level monitoring of the oil collection tank
- Media fill level control
- Water-contact components made of stainless steel / plastic
- Spray-flood cleaning with batch 100 % floodable
- Additional spray process with tank 3
- Working chamber size adjustable to max. 660L x 480W x 338H (mm)
- PALMA 100 with a working chamber size of 1.000L x 480W x 338H (mm)
- PALMA XL with a working chamber size of 800L x 600W x 400H (mm) and weight per batch of up to 500 kg
- Modem for remote maintenance of the control system
- Rotating hot air pulse blowing system
- Stationary hot air drying system
- Combined rotating hot air pulse blowing and hot air drying system
- Vacuum drying
- Ultra-fine filtration on pressure side of pump
- Ultrasonic cleaning unit
- Viewing window with internal light
- Speed control for basket rotation including oscillation
- Program package for time control and media treatment
- Enhanced pump system for tank 1
- Bund tray acc. to German Water Resources Act
- Draining pump
- Dosing of chemicals
- DI unit
- Loading trolley
- Stationary roller conveyor, all castors with ball bearings
- Automatic transfer system
- User-friendly MAFAC MAVIATIC touch panel, 12 inch, with graphic visualization of the process
- Speed control with nozzle rotation
- Frequency-controlled pump pressure
- Rinse water treatment module
- Targeted cleaning and drying
- Heat exchange module MAFAC HEAT.X
- Larger versions available on request